Mar 6, 2010

And the Winner is: Forget Me Knots

Yesterday I took a half day and went for round two at Forget Me Knots and La Boutique Des Brides with my bridesmaid Jen. It was a great day. I tried on a sample dress in lace (not me at all) and another one that I don't think I tried on during my first visit. I had been set on not buying my dress there two weeks ago, but the one dress kept creeping up in my mind. It was the first one I really liked and it was what I was comparing everything else to. But it was over my price range (as I mentioned in a previous post).

I tried it on again, mostly to get more information on it in case I bought it online. It fit well, beading didn't bother me, and it looked as good as I remembered. This time was a much better experience. I found out about their one discount that they do give, which turned it into a possible option! Pricing-wise their discount put it in the same ranks as the dress I liked at La Boutique Des Brides.

We headed to Hilda's store for a late afternoon appointment. She is so enthusiastic and proud of her dresses it is almost contagious! The dress I was considering was a lovely Maggie Sottero, classic look with a modern feel. I loved the stitching and long lines of the front. I wasn't a fan of the embellishment or the span of the mermaid/a-line bottom half, but the top looked great. The dress was also too big, so it was hard to envision what it would look like if it fit properly. I decided with Jen's help that it was a little too formal for the time of day anyway and made the choice to go for the dress that had already captured my heart.

This afternoon I called FMK and went back to get fitted for a size. I paid for it, and this summer I will have the beautiful dress that I will marry J in. :-)

I never got the ultimate take-my-breath-away/hand me a kleenex moment as I tried it on. But I felt beautiful. I got more of the nervous, nausea feeling and a little choked up as I headed to the boutique to buy it. I think maybe that is because while you can reserve a place for a party anytime, you buy a dress for your wedding (hopefully) once. That part of me made me sentimental and emotional (the fact that I am getting married to a wonderful man and now I am one step closer to it) rather than the dress itself. Although I am going to look smokin' hot! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lorigirl,
    You did look AMAZING in that dress. I like the one you chose very much. I had fun shopping with you!!! The dress is beautiful and the choice was clear to me. I could tell by the smile on your face when you were wearing it. Congratulations on being one step closer to your marriage!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right you are going to look smoking hot...you and your tiny waist!!! Thanks for letting me come along for part of the ride :)

    ReplyDelete