Feb 24, 2010

The Party Grounds

We are having our lunch reception at the Bancroft Hotel in Berkeley. It is green-certified and serves a sustainable menu. It is a Arts & Crafts style building across from the UC Berkeley campus. It used to be a Women's Club and then a sorority house until the 1990s. As you can see from the photos, there is dark wood with an old English library feel. The windows have stained glass in them at the top and there is a mosaic above one of the fireplaces. The Great Hall is made of three levels. The level closest to the street (the photo where you can see the fireplace mantle) is where we will have our cocktail hour. The "sunken" middle section is where the dining will take place. At the far end of the other photo is the dance floor. This section is also a few steps above the main section.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures for our inquiring minds. I clicked on them to see the pictures big and I could see the dance floor. What I imagined was the Guilden girls dancing to Nine Inch Nails (Head Like A Hole). It could happen! Bow down before the one you serve...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I considered that song, but the line "I'd rather die than give you control" might not be wedding-friendly. Although I plan on playing "My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas and maybe "Baby Got Back."

    ReplyDelete