Feb 3, 2010

Butterflies!

Okay, we are creeping closer to confirming a date! We have three in mind, but it sounds like if our first choice falls through, our second choice will be fine. Keep your fingers crossed!

We are playing a courtesy wait-out with another couple on our first date choice. I'm nervous. Not only will hearing the news (yay or nay) confirm our wedding date, it means WE ARE GETTING MARRIED! I know, it sounds weird to be blown away by this when we've been engaged for a month and half. But at the same time if we get the first date, a wedding will be 7 months away! According to all of the wedding planning websites and books, I am waaaaaaaaaaay behind on the details. I didn't want to plan beyond finding a place because everything else didn't seem "real". It's like if you don't have a place, you don't have a goal date to plan by. And now...

I need to start looking for my blue shoes! I need to look for a dress! I need to ask my bridesmaids! I need to figure out what dresses I want them to wear! I need reserve hotel space! I need to figure out how to decorate the site! I need to figure out how we are going to fold 1,000 cranes and hang them on branches! I need to make a veil! I need to figure out how I am GETTING to the ceremony!!

I think I need to lie down.

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome planner and you will figure it all out, or else it will figure itself out. (and I can hear you thinking, huh?)

    We picked a date 6 months away from when we got engaged, and it was plenty of time. I think it is better to do it sooner because the waiting is the hardest/stressful part. That was the advice we were given by Bob's best man and we followed it and it was good advice.

    PS.
    I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are an expert planner, Lori---think of all the vacations you have managed! I have all faith that you will be able to pull off a gorgeous wedding, and if you need any help, we are here for you! <3 Sylvia

    ReplyDelete