Jan 14, 2011

Interesting Article on the Toxins Found in Pregnant Women

From the SF Gate:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/14/MNN41GL1NQ.DTL

Now that we are trying to have a baby these articles bear more importance to my everyday life. Do I get rid of my non-stick cookware? We need new pans anyway because I do know they are scratched and that is not good for anyone. For years I've been reheating items in a ceramic cup at work for lunch and we just bought several glass containers for leftovers. We still keep items like half-chopped onions and cheese in plastic containers. Do we get rid of these things too? As soon as we come home, do we put food that comes in metal or styrofoam in new glass? I try to make soups now from "scratch" but the broth is usually made from a carton (which probably still contains these chemicals in more inviting looking packaging) and tomatoes from cans. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment