Jan 9, 2010

...Something Blue

While we don't have a particular location in mind, we have agreed on a few items for the wedding. We want it to be outdoors, with mountains and/or trees nearby/as a backdrop, and the ceremony and reception in one location. I've decided to wear blue shoes under my wedding dress (neither of which I've begun looking for yet) and our "theme" colors are blue (sapphire is his birthstone) and green (emerald is mine). Accent colors are silver and gray. I plan on carrying a bouquet with peacock feathers in it (but I don't want it to look like a feather duster) and have the bridesmaids carry a single feather with a ribbon. Our reception centerpieces will be strings of folded cranes hanging off branches in vases. I plan on purchasing the foil origami paper today. One thousand cranes (for good luck) are a lot to fold! Even though we are looking toward a fall wedding, I better get crackin'.

2 comments:

  1. Well, an update on this post. We've nixed the peacock feathers but are still using blue, green, and probably dark gray. Maybe the bridesmaids will carry fans painted with the colors. There will be a travel influence at the reception and a Japanese influence for the ceremony (so it is looking like today). We visited a few sites this weekend. I'll update more on that later.--Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you need help with.

    ReplyDelete