Aug 24, 2010

Flowers Ordered, Hair Colored, People Seated

In the last few days, some other items were checked off the list of To-Do's. I got my hair colored and cut at Urban Soul in the Glen Park neighborhood of San Francisco (on Chenery St). The woman is really friendly and I've been really happy with the results the two times I've been there. I plan on going to her for haircuts in the future as well. I also ordered my wedding day flowers. After debate about longevity of cut flowers in heat, I decided on the calla lily. Boutonnieres will be small white calla lilies and corsages will be spray roses. The bridesmaids will hold a single white calla lily stem wrapped in ribbon, and my bouquet will be a bunch bouquet of medium sized white calla lilies. I had wanted to mix in some other flowers, but Andre at French Tulip (24th St./Sanchez) advised against mixing flowers if I was going to make the bouquet myself. I can see his point: I could get stressed on the wedding morning as I am trying to arrange flowers if something falls out of place or doesn't look properly spaced, especially with so much else to do.

Last night J and I worked on a draft of the seating arrangement. I bought little wood frames for the table numbers and cut the table numbers out of the "decline" postcards. So in some way those who could not be at our wedding and returned their reply card, will in fact be at our wedding. Now I have to "patiently" wait for the favors I ordered to arrive. I keep checking the website and it says "processing". Does that mean they are being made or the order hasn't even begun yet? I'm procrastinating (which got us in this spot in the first place) on calling and putting a rush on the order. I'm holding out for the miracle for another day I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment